WBK 390 - 1960 Morris JB Type Van
Lincoln Co-operative Society
The Morris Commercial JB type is a 10 cwt (half ton) van in production from 1957 to 1961, with an overhead valve 1489 cc, BMC B-Series engine and a four speed gearbox. This was a revision to the Morris J type which had been introduced by Morris Commercial in 1949 with the 1476cc engine used in the contemporary Morris Oxford car, and a three speed gearbox. From 1957, an Austin version of the van was produced as the 'Austin 101', an example of 'badge engineering'
This (Portsmouth registered) van was bought by Lincolnshire Co-operative Society Ltd on 2 August 1994 and restored by their Transport Department, representing many similar vehicles operated by the company during the 1950s & 60s.
Since being renovated WBK 390 has been to several vintage vehicle shows and was out on public display with the Morris Minor Van from the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society at the Co-operative Congress held at the Lawns in Lincoln in May 1998. It won first prize in the Mayor's Parade in 1998. During 2011, the three Co-op vans in the Museum's collection were on display at a number of events marking the Lincolnshire Co-operative's 150th anniversary.